We will ensure that we enhance and improve our environment and minimise the environmental impact of all our actions through:
- Our policies
- Our activities
- The way we use our own resources
- Our advocacy
- The St Martin’s Action Plan (SMAP)
We will work with the different communities within St Martin-in-the-Fields:
- Partners, Tenants and Residents
We are committed to:
1. Reducing our environmental impact by thinking, planning and working together.
- Energy efficiency;
- Water use efficiency;
- Paper use efficiency
3. Increasing the use of sustainable and recycled materials, and sustainable technologies, in our everyday activities.
4. Reducing, reusing and recycling all materials, where possible, and carrying out disposal in a responsible way.
5. Measure our environmental impact which complies with recognised standards (e.g. Diocesan and international standards), helping us to set clear targets against which we can monitor our progress annually.
6. Considering environmental performance in the selection criteria for our suppliers and contractors.
7. Encouraging more sustainable travel to our site.
8. Encouraging and developing biodiversity in and around St Martin-in-the-Fields.
9. Adapting to climate change in our activities.
10. Engaging with our communities and partners to promote environmental sustainability.
Policy written by the Environmental Sustainability Task Group, and approved by the Parochial Church Council, September 2014