1. You can donate to the St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal by texting the keyword CARE to 70700. A £5 donation will be sent to the St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal for each text message that you send.
Please note that in addition to the £5 donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). You can only donate from a UK mobile and cannot use this service from a Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges.
2. The following mobile network operators have waived their charges in order to allow the full £5.00 cost of the reply confirmation text message (described below) to go entirely to support the BBC Radio 4 St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal: 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin, Vodafone. In addition, HM Treasury have confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
3. This service will be promoted from 8th November 2013 until 31st January 2014. Please be aware that if you text the short code with this keyword after this period you will be charged your standard message rate, you may receive a reply message and if so, you will have been charged £5.
4. Please ensure you spell the keyword CARE carefully and send your text message to the correct short code: 70700.
5. If your keyword and short code are valid, and your text message is received within the promotion period, you will be charged £5 via a reply message. With the exception of Vodafone customers who will be charged directly via their bill. It may take some time for you to receive a bounce-back message. Please wait until you receive it. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations. You can donate by text a maximum of 6 times during the campaign. If you try to donate more than 6 times from the same mobile, you will still be charged your standard network rate, but will not be charged £5 for a confirmation text message and will not be donating to the St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal. If you wish to donate further please go to www.smitf.org/donate.
6. If your short code is invalid, you may not receive a confirmation text message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the £5 donation by St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal as you will not be donating to the charity.
7. If you enter CARE incorrectly, but your text message is sent to 70700, you will be charged your standard network message charge and you may still be charged £5 via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal.
8. If you send a text message outside of the promotion dates, you may still be charged your standard network message charge and you may be charged £5 via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal.
9. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
10. The text service is provided by IMI Mobile. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact IMI Mobile at the following address: 1 Cliveden Office Village, Lancaster Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3YZ or on the following Helpline Number – 01494 750 500 (standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package).
11. BBC, St Martin-in-the-Fields, St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal and IMI Mobile and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
12. St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal is a registered charity, number 261359 (England and Wales). To find out more about the charity, please go to www.smitf.org/christmas. All donations to St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal are non-refundable.