Keeping you safe
As we welcome you back to St Martin’s since the COVID-19 outbreak, please rest assured that your safety and that of our performers and staff is our top priority. We have outlined below the key changes that we have made for audiences attending our live concerts.
As risks and guidelines change, we may need to change performers, capacity, pricing, and other matters, at short notice. Please make sure that the email address and phone number that we have for you are up to date when booking so we can let you know about any changes.
- We have reduced the capacity of the church to 100 seats to ensure we maintain social distancing of at least two metres.
- Performers will also be socially distant from each other, and from the audience, following government guidelines.
- If you or someone you know has experienced any of the symptoms of COVID-19 in the two weeks prior to the concert you should self-isolate and not come to St Martin-in-the-Fields. Please email the Box Office to return your tickets.
- We will clean the Church and pews between performances.
- Audiences and St Martin’s staff must wear face coverings inside our buildings and throughout the concert. Please bring your own mask to cover your mouth and nose.
- We will not be issuing physical tickets, but audiences should bring Print at Home tickets (either printed out or on mobile a device) or evidence of their ticket purchases.
- Cushion hire will not be available.
- Performances will be around an hour, with no interval.
- Toilets will be open and available before and after concerts.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed at key locations.
- Staff will be on hand to guide and answer questions.
Before the concert
The doors to the Church will be open from 30 minutes before the start of the concert. We will stagger arrival times and specify which door to enter through; this information will be clearly marked on your ticket – please check this information before you arrive. Please do not arrive at your specified door before your allocated time.
Audience members should join the queue and will be led into the Church in safe groups to their allocated seats.
During the concert
We will maintain the necessary number of fire escapes throughout the performances. A managed evacuation will be followed if necessary.
At the end of the performance please stay in your seats until asked to leave by a member of our team.
For any further queries or questions, please email the Box Office.