St Martin-in-the-Fields is committed to making all of its activities as open and accessible as possible to all.
Transport to St Martin-in-the-Fields
St Martin-in-the-Field is located in the northeast corner of Trafalgar Square. The closest stations are Charing Cross, and Leicester Square and bus routes include numbers 3, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 23, 24, 29 53, 87, 88, 91, 139, 159, 176 and 453. F or details on timetables, routes and accessibility on public transport visit Transport for London Journey Planner.
If you are driving to St Martin’s please note the Church is located within the Congestion Charging zone. There is no parking on site but passengers can be dropped off at the adjacent Duncannon Street. For details on Blue Badge parking on nearby streets visit parking in the Borough of Westminster or www.123-car-parking.co.uk for the nearest car park with wide parking bays.
(Please click on an image to see a larger version of it).
St Martin-in-the-Fields Church can be entered using the steps in the front of the church or via a ramp on the north side of church. The Crypt can be accessed through a lift in Church and the glass entrance pavilion using the stairs or a lift.
Once inside the Church there is a lift down to the Crypt level.
The Crypt is accessible via the lift from Church and from the lift just inside the pavilion. The Crypt is the location for the Café in the Crypt, Gallery in the Crypt and Shop.
At the far end of the Crypt, but at the same level, are meeting rooms and music spaces. A second lift takes visitors down to a lower floor for the St Martin’s Hall, Dick Sheppard Chapel and the Bishop Ho Ming Wah Association Community Centre.
Visitors with mobility issues
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair users and families with buggies are available and fully accessible. Baby changing facilities are also available.
- A lower and more accessible sales counter desk is available at the Box Office and Shop.
- There are spaces for four wheelchairs in the Church for church services and concerts.
Visitors with hearing issues
- An induction loop is available in Church for services, concerts and education events. The loop is also available in the St Martin’s Hall, meeting rooms and chapel. Hearing aid users should adjust their hearing aid to the T position.
- Signed concert performances and events are listed on www.smitf.org
Visitors with sight issues
- Service sheets and newsletters are produced in large format.
- Guide dogs are welcome and can be supplied with water if it is required.
Group visitors with disabilities
- Assistance can be provided for arranging a visit for a group that requires additional assistance by telephoning 020 7766 1100. This includes assistance for groups who visit the Café in the Crypt as part of the development of skills for independent living.
Visitors with children
- Baby-changing facilities can be found in the Café in the Crypt.
- There are also free family trails in church.
- Click here for details of our Sunday C-Club and daily brass rubbing information. Ticketed family concerts are also available, please check our concert listings for any upcoming performances.