St Martin-in-the-Fields is committed to making all of its activities as open and accessible as possible to all.
(Please click on an image to see a larger version of it).
St Martin-in-the-Fields Church can be entered using the steps in the front of the church or via a ramp on the north side of church. The Crypt can be accessed through a lift in Church and the glass entrance pavilion using the stairs or a lift.
Once inside the Church there is a lift down to the Crypt level.
The Crypt is accessible via the lift from Church and from the lift just inside the pavilion. The Crypt is the location for the Foyer, Café in the Crypt, Gallery and Shop.
At the far end of the Crypt, but at the same level, are meeting rooms and music rehearsal spaces. A second lift takes visitors down to a lower floor for the St Martin’s Hall, Dick Sheppard Chapel and the Bishop Ho Ming Wah Association Community Centre.
Visitors with mobility and access needs
- Accessible toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available.
- There are spaces for four wheelchairs in the Church for religious services and concerts.
Visitors who are d/Deaf or hard of hearing
- An induction loop is available in Church for services, concerts and education events. The loop is also available in the St Martin’s Hall, meeting rooms and chapel. Hearing aid users should adjust their hearing aid to the T position.
- Signed concert performances and events are listed on www.smitf.org
Visitors who are blind or visually impaired
- Service sheets and newsletters are produced in large format.
- Guide dogs are welcome and can be supplied with water if it is required.
Visitors and groups with disabilities
- Assistance can be provided for arranging a visit for a group that requires additional assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes assistance for groups who visit the Café in the Crypt as part of the development of skills for independent living.
Visitors with children
- Toilets suitable for families with buggies are available and accessible, and baby-changing facilities can be found in the Café in the Crypt and meeting rooms.
- There are free family trails in the church.
- An ideal activity for families is Brass Rubbing! Find out more about Brass Rubbing
- Ticketed family concerts are also available, please visit our What’s On listings for details of upcoming performances.