The Song and the Story: The Passing of the Year
Sunday 20 June 2021
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Passing of the Year
This choral song cycle by British composer Jonathan Dove explores the changing seasons through evocative poetry by William Blake, Emily Dickinson and Alfred Lord Tennyson.
Led by Revd Dr Sam Wells
with St Martin’s Voices
directed by Emily Dickens
A 30-minute sequence to speak to heart, head and soul, exploring the backstory of music at the heart of our faith.
The Song and the Story is FREE and all are welcome. A retiring collection is taken to support the work of St Martin-in-the-Fields.
Click below to listen and browse our podcasts catalogue.
Keeping you safe
As we welcome you back to St Martin’s following the COVID-19 outbreak, please rest assured that your safety and that of our performers and staff is our top priority. We have outlined below the key changes that we have made.
- Current regulations require socially-distanced seating of 2 metres between each “bubble” of seats.
- Current regulations require audience members to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- There will be regular and thorough cleaning of the Church.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for you at key locations.
- There will be no printed material – tickets, programmes or programme notes.
- There will be no cushions for hire.
- We will provide clear signage and our helpful staff will make your visit as comfortable and as safe as possible.
Our thanks to The National Lottery Heritage Fund, for supporting the ReSound concert series at St Martin-in-the-Fields.
These guidelines may be subject to change in line with government guidance. St. Martin-in-the-Fields is following this guidance closely and all concerts will adhere accordingly to the latest advice.
Other things to do
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Weekly Great Sacred Music online. This week's theme: 'The Day of the Seafarer'
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Weekly Great Sacred Music online. This week's theme: 'The Stars and Stripes Forever: Marking American Independence Day'