- A network of churches initiated by St Martin-in-the-Fields
- For those working at the heart of culture, community and commerce
- With those at the margins and on the edge
- Building association, learning, development and resource
HeartEdge supports churches in blending their mission around four key areas:
- Congregation – Inclusive approaches to liturgy, worship and day-to-day communal life
- Community – models of outreach serving local need and addressing social justice
- Culture – art, music and ideas to re-imagine the Christian narrative for the present moment
- Commerce – Commercial activities that generate finance, creatively extending and enhancing mission and ministry through social enterprise
HeartEdge supports its members in finding their stories, sharing resources and connecting effectively with others developing their church and community. We create spaces where members give from their experience and take from others – an exchange that’s often inspiring, always compelling, and mutually useful for all participants. We want HeartEdge to be an essential resource and a valuable community, as you develop your church and neighbourhood.
When you join HeartEdge you and your church get:
- Connections: Access to all kinds of useful contacts and connections to help your church develop cultural, commercial and community activity
- Information: Grow your knowledge and insight to help you in your work via the lived experience of others
- Visits: Opportunity to meet those most relevant to you in situ, gaining understanding of their work and experience, live
- Mentors: Via phone calls & meetings, appropriate learning and support from others
- Events: Programmed with bespoke content useful for your context
- Publications: An emerging range of resources based on approaches to ministry used by HeartEdge members
- Projects: Support and resources to begin specific social justice initiatives
- Emails and Online: We’ll keep in touch with you via a monthly email with links to useful resources via our website
HeartEdge is fuelled by its members. Members are people and churches who are makers and takers – people and churches that both give to the network and take from it.
Find out more or apply to join by downloading the HeartEdge Membership Pack.
For more information contact Revd Jonathan Evens, Associate Vicar for Partnerships on 02077661127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘At the heart. On the edge.’ was a day exploring mission by sharing ideas, uncovering solutions and finding support held on 8 February 2017 at St Stephen Walbrook, London. This conference which launched HeartEdge was hosted by Revd Dr Sam Wells. Following the event, Sam said, ‘I was so delighted to see so many energised and engaged faces at the HeartEdge launch as we spoke about structures, configurations, approaches, insights – but most of all of renewal of vocation, vision and common exploration. That left me full of hope for the emergence of HeartEdge – a movement as yet of many different words but one purposeful spirit. I hope you will sign up and encourage others to do so.’ See the press release for the event for further information.
During the afternoon of our launch in February we invited those present to talk about assets in their church to support mission, then repeat and locate the obstacles. We’ve written up the findings from a fascinating 45 minutes discussion and they can be downloaded by clicking here.
Listen to the keynote speech given by Sam Wells