Following the recent government guidance on the relaxation of COVID restrictions the leadership teams of each organisation using the site of St Martin-in-the-Fields have collectively agreed the following approach for staff and visitors to site.
Signage will be updated to reflect that the wearing of masks is not required, whilst maintaining that guests are welcome to continue wearing these at their discretion. Our sanitisation stations will remain in situ for the foreseeable future, with notices detailing social distancing to also be removed.
Staff are no longer required to wear masks whilst moving around the site or working either in offices or front of house locations. Staff are welcome to continue wearing a mask for as long as they feel this is the right choice for them individually.
We want you to know that the well-being and safety of our visitors and staff is our absolute priority, and we’d like to assure you that we’re creating the safest environment possible in line with the latest advice. We’ve assessed every part of our offering: the spaces we provide, our team, the training given to them, our drinks and food and how we look after our visitors. We are also doing frequent health and safety assessments, as well as regular deep cleaning of the site. Our spaces (including the Crypt and church) benefit from fresh air ventilation where air is pumped in from the outside and not recycled.
Please note: We only accept contactless/card payments in our shop, café and box office to help minimise contact via the use of cash.
Last updated: Thursday 17 March 2022
- Face masks are recommended indoors, except when eating and drinking in our cafe.
- We provide hand sanitising stations throughout the site.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule.
- We always have fresh air running through our ventilation systems to increase circulation.
- We only accept contactless or card payments in our café, shop or at the box office. This is to help minimise the potential spread of Covid through contact with cash. Thank you for your understanding.
In line with the latest guidance, concerts at St Martin’s are going ahead as scheduled, with no major changes.
- Facemasks are an individual choice indoors for concerts.
- The church is regularly ventilated with fresh outdoor air.
We will keep in touch with ticket holders about any future changes.
- Tickets for all concert are currently being issued digitally.
- Tickets can be purchased in person at St Martin’s from the Box Office.
- Tickets for live concerts are subject to a £2.75 transaction fee when ordered over the telephone or online.
- Online concerts will be accessed via a link that will be emailed in advance of the concert taking place. No physical tickets will be posted.
Read the full T&Cs here
Last updated: Thursday 17 March 2022
We continue to follow guidance from Church of England, and ask members of the congregation to wear facemasks during our services, especially where singing is involved. However this is not a requirement and is subject to personal choice. With our Covid safety measures we remain open for you to join us in our building as well as online for our regular services.
See our website for details of weekly and special services.
10.00am Parish Eucharist (in person and online)
12noon Children’s and Youth church (in person only)
1.30pm Cantonese Service (in person and on Facebook only)
5.00pm Choral Evensong
1.00pm Eucharist (in person only)
2.30pm Church Tour (in person only)
4pm Evening Prayer (in person only)
5pm The Silent Hour (in person only)
6.30pm Bread for the World (in person and online)
1.00pm Great Sacred Music (in person and online)
Monday to Friday
8.30am Morning Prayer (Facebook and in person).
Discover more online resources on our website.